Your safety is our priority
Aerials and Circus Art are inherently high risk activities, your safety is your responsibility. We would love for you to do Aerials for years to come, look after yourself, check all equipment each time it is used.
Here are some of our recommendations on how best to care for your equipment and be proactive with your safety:
- Check your equipment before every use for damage and to ensure correct rigging, discontinue use immediately if damaged.
- Ensure you understand and get professional advice regarding weight limits and max load on products.
- We always recommend your Aerial Equipment to be hung professionally.
- Avoid using it in direct sunlight, this may fade the colour or weaken the fabric.
- Do not leave any product in adverse weather, always pack away indoors in the dry after use.
- For fabrics: hand wash in cold water. Avoid detergents. Do not put in a dryer or dry in sunlight – shade only.
- We advise to not wear jewellery, zips, hair clips, or any item that may tear the fabrics. If this occurs, discontinue use.
- If you ever experience damage to, rust, breakage, seized hardware or anything that is of concern, immediately discontinue use.
We advise replacing all Apparatus and Hardware after 12 months to ensure safety regardless of their condition or immediately when damage occurs.
Load RatingsSome of our products are load/strength tested by a third-party or our suppliers and various products are certified. The equipment is ratings are approximately:
- Steel Carabiners - MBS 25kN
- Aluminum Swivel - MBS 35kN - WLL 5kN
- 100cm Nylon sling - MBS 25kN
- Daisy Chain - MBS 10kN End to End and 2.5kN per Loop
- Padded Round Sling - MBS 140kN - WLL 20kN
- CT Cheese Plate - MBS 30kN - WLL 6kN
- Nylon Tricot Fabric - MBS 30kN - WLL 3kN
- CT Figure 8 - MBS 25kN - WLL 12kN
- Winged Figure 8 - MBS 30kN
MBS (Maximum Breaking Strain) and WLL (Working Load Limit)
Load ratings are supplied to the best of our ability and are given in good faith. Ensure you know your weight, the dynamic forces affecting the equipment and the products load limits what these ratings mean before using any of them. We do not recommend using/loading the products with more than one person unless specifically specified. We take no liability/responsibility for the load capacity of any of our products, or their failure through responsible or irresponsible operation. The usage and application of products will vary their load capacities from their ratings (as an example: knots in fabric will reduce its load capacity).